At Urban Rocks we are committed to providing as safe an environment as possible for you while you are climbing. Climbing does involve risks and we ask that you please read our General Policies and Rules carefully. Always exercise good judgement and personal responsibility while climbing and be aware of how your actions might affect others.
- All customers must fill out a gym waiver, with a parent's or legal guardian's signature if under 18.
- All climbers belaying must pass a belay t est conducted by Urban Rocks staff and visually display a qualified Belayer Card provided once the test is passed.
- No one under the age of 14 is allowed to belay, unless given exclusive permission by Urban Rocks management.
- No one under the age of 12 is allowed to top out on the boulder unless given exclusive permission by URG management.
- Boulderers are NOT permitted to "Topout" on boulders unless so stated on problem placards.
- Route Setting shall only be done by authorized Urban Rocks staff.
- Acceptable belay devices include "Tuber Type" devices or Grigri's.
- Belayers must belay from their harnesses and not from a fixed anchor point.
- Climbers must tie in using the rewoven figure eight knot with a double fishermans backup knot.
- No sitting or lying down while belaying.
- In addition to the belay test, all lead climbers and belayers of lead climbers must pass a lead test administered by Urban Rocks staff.
- Lead climbers must provide their own UIAA approved rope (minimum 9.5mm) and the rope must pass an inspection by Urban Rocks staff.
- Customers MUST check in at the front desk each visit.
- Parents are responsible for the conduct of their children. No running or jumping on the mats is allowed.
- No drugs, alcohol, or smoking are allowed in Urban Rocks.
- Urban Rocks staff have the right to revoke climbing privileges either temporarily or permanently for unsafe or inappropriate behavior.
- Memberships/Passes are non-transferable.
- Urban Rocks Gym is not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen property while in or on the premises, parking lots, or other areas within the vicinity of Urban Rocks Gym.
- No hard sole shoes are allowed on the padded flooring or climbing walls.